Tynwald Day 2022 - What's On and Entertainment
The entertainment on Tynwald Day before and after the Ceremony is always a focal point for friends and family. The entertainment starts at 9am with all day activities including happening in Bunscoill Ghaelgagh, the Arboretum, Cooil y Ree as well as the stallholders on the back Fairfield.
Lots of locations around the main fairfield offer activities for everyone to join in for free. Outdoors on the Tynwald Green and the Royal Chapel there will be traditional Manx dancing, including the Grand Manx Dance, and live music from local silver bands, orchestra and choirs scheduled throughout the day.
The fairfield will also host music and dancing from local groups and don't forget the stage down in the Global Village in the Arboretum. Hosted by the One World Centre from 10am the Global Village offers food and entertainment from around the world.
Tywnald's roots lie in the Viking customs of those who settled in the Island in the tenth century and the Viking Village in Cooil y Ree offers a glimpse into what life was like a thousand years ago.
The TynwaldFest tent will be the focus for children's entertainment with a family craft workshop running from 10am with theatre and dance performances in the afternoon. The deckchairs will be out and we welcome everyone to stay for the dancing part of the evening.
From 5pm there will be local food and drink available and the live music starts - perfect for all the family. The activities on Tynwald Day are brought to a close at 10pm by the magnificent Ellan Vannin Pipes and Drums performing the Manx Anthem on Tynwald Hill.
- Further details and times for the many activities and performances can be found here - also available on the day from the Ticket and Information Hut.
- Dogs are allowed on the Fairfield and Front Green but there are restrictions in the Arboretum, Cooil y Ree and Department of Education, Sport and Culture grounds
- The Information Hut will be open all day for grandstand ticket collection and general queries
- There are no cashpoint facilities in St. John's
- Car parking is restricted in the morning, follow all directions as given
The Tynwald Day social media accounts will provide up-to-date information and images from events: